Root Canal Therapy
- What are the symptoms for a possible root canal therapy procedure?
- What are the reasons for a root canal therapy procedure?
- What is involved in root canal therapy?
- An abscess (or pimple) on the gums.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.zx
- Severe toothache pain.
- Sometimes no symptoms are present.
- Swelling and/or tenderness.
- Decay has reached the tooth pulp
- Infection or abscess inside the tooth / root tip.
- Injury or trauma to the tooth.
A root canal procedure requires one or more appointments and can be performed by a dentist or endodontist (a root canal specialist). You may require antibiotics to reduce the inflammation before the procedure can commence. If the nerve is inflamed the dentist my not be able to get the tooth numb.